Thursday 23 April 2015

My wonderful purchase at the weekend

My daughter is studying costume design and construction so was interested in attending the Open Day of the Opera Company particularly as she could look at their costume department.  As part of the day they had some costumes that were no longer required on sale for $1 - she bought six and some of those only for the fabric in them!  They also had a table of "trims" and things for 50cents per bag (although some things weren't in a bag such as ribbon on a spool).  We managed to spend $10 on these - $8 of that was items I thought I could use in my cardmaking!

I decided to take a couple of pictures of my purchase:


Looking at the ribbons in the bags there appears to be at least five pieces of ribbon per bag and a piece I pulled out of the yellow bag is about 2 metres long!  I know that the rhinestones are normally $2 per packet and this one is unopened.

I wish we had made it there earlier in the day as there may have been more to choose from but we had another committment first!   I'm very happy with what I did find though and look forward to using it on my cards.


Update - It is now September and I still have heaps of this still left!  I have used alot of the blue satin ribbons, and a bit of some of the rest of the stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I love bargains! I have to watch my pennies very closely - I love to see people getting great deals!

    ReplyDelete