Saturday 25 April 2015

Christmas Book

I bought some new sheets for the beds and they came with a piece of cardboard in between.  I looked at the piece which was folded sort of like a ringbinder and knew I just had to use it to create a book cover.  I have another five of them that I haven't used yet too!



I would like to enter my project into these challenges:
Open-Minded Crafting Fun  - Recycle Something
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/challenge-34-recycle-something.html
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything But A Card
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/challenge-133.html

So as well as the recycled cardboard packaging, I have used a Memory Box Stencil along with two colours of Distress Ink to create the background on some white paper which I then used to cover the front.  I added some strips of washi tape and a length of self-adhesive tape across the front.  To the left is some white self-adhesive "lace" - imitation lace really.  The image I used comes from Limited Runs and has been repeated to create a strip of three ornaments.  I coloured with copic markers and then matted onto some red cardstock from Rosie's Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment