Saturday 15 March 2014

Eighteen Yellow Roses

I was looking at song titles that contained colour references hoping that one song that I actually knew would inspire me.  However, even though I don't know this particular song by Bobby Darin, I knew the perfect image for it so decided to work with it anyway!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Doodle Pantry - Anything Goes
http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/doodle-pantry-digital-challenge-44.html
Musically Challenged - Songs with colour
http://musicallychallengedchallenge.blogspot.gr/2014/03/challenge-20.html
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch 09
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/ssw2-09-doodle-pantry.html

I have used a paper from a paper pad for the background.  The image is from Doodle Pantry and has been coloured with copic markers.  I used some yellow cardstock for matting.  I have also used some twine, washi tape and a Distress Marker for the faux stitching.

Here is the sketch that I followed:


9 comments:

  1. Hi Suze, what a lovely card with those wonderful yellow roses. I adore roses and have a yellow Graham Thomas that is meant to be a shrub and is climbing over my back fence. What a great use of the Washi Tape I haven't bought any yet but it works perfectly on your card. Are you getting much of the storm in Hamilton Saturday was very quite, but it's 12.37am Sunday morning and I can hear the wind outside. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bunch of yellow roses. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo pretty with all your gorgeous yellows! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for yellow papers all day today....and look here...LOL Really cute carrd! I love the image. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!!! Love your yellow roses. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 as well as the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I"m impressed that you connected this image with having 18 roses on it for the 18 yellow roses song!! That is amazing. I love the yellow roses too. Lovely paper background. How cool is that!? Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 44!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow - such a happy color. Thanks for playing the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge and for using a Doodle Pantry Digi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on that sketch, Suze! I'm old enough to remember that Bobby Darin song and you chose the perfect image for it. :-D Thanks for playing in our challenge # 44 this month at Doodle Pantry and for using a Doodle Pantry image. Please come back and play again soon. Good Luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love your sunny yellow card here Suze. Really nice image and well done with the sketch. Thanks for playing along in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge!
    Sharon, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete