Friday 11 October 2013

Monochromatic Faux stitching

A combination of faux stitching with a monochromatic colour scheme:


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle - Monochromatic
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-53.html
Lacy Sunshine - Stitching - faux or real
http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/lacy-sunshine-challenge-18-stitching.html
Clear it Out Challenge - Thanks + Left over sentiment
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/happy-october-thankful-challenge.html
All That Stickles - Fall + pink stickles
http://allthatstickles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/think-pink-linky-party-september-winners.html


I have used a DCWV paper as a background paper.  The image is from Lacy Sunshine.  I have used copic markers in the RV range for colouring plus E00 for the skin tones.  Silly me pulled out all the RV markers coloured the image and didn't write down the markers that I had actually used!!  The sentiment is one that I printed out for another project and never used!  I have used one of my new dies across the card which I cut from some pearlised paper that I found in a shop a couple of days ago.  I also added some pink rhinestones.  The stitching around the image has been done with Distress Marker - Worn Lipstick.  I added some Stickles - Magenta to the image.  I would have liked to have added Fruit Punch but I couldn't bring all my Stickles with me and that was one that is still at home!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Honey, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my site, so nice to hear from you (as always), hope you are enjoying the holiday, where did you get that massive die from and who makes it? It is stunning isn't it! Lovely card and nice to see a different use for the distress marker, I only have a few but want them all eventually (obviously!!).
    Anyhoo kid, thanks again and look forward to hearing from you when you get back maybe!
    Take care,
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet image. Love the swirl. Thank you for joining Glitter n Sparkle monochrome challenge
    Olga DT GlitternSparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so so so super cute! it would be perfect for this fortnight's challenge at Lia stampz! Shabby Chic! :)

    http://liastampz.blogspot.com/2013/09/challenge-50-shabby-chic.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute.. thanks for linking up to our Think Pink party at All That Stickles..
    Laura DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at all a That Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That flourish just makes the card pop! Thanks for playing along with the Thanksgiving challenge at Clear it Out!
    Jennifer - DT

    ReplyDelete