Sunday 5 May 2013

Mixed Media Christmas Canvas

When I saw the challenge at Sentimental Sunday, I really wanted to do it...but.....time was not on my side.  I've been on holiday and there is only so much you can take with you on a plane!  Got back a little while ago and have had to work with what I had to produce this:

This is where you can find the challenge:
Sentimental Sundays --   Mixed Media
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/challenge-152-mixed-media-canvasportrait.html
I am also entering this project into these challenges:
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/may-anything-goes-at-bugaboo.html
Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/84-anything-goes-challenge.html

I would have liked to use a smaller canvas as they had in the tutorial but this 15cm x 15cm one was the only size I had at home.

I used Distress Ink - Barn Door for the edges of the canvas.  The background paper comes from Bearly Mine Designs.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and the sentiment is from Cre8tive Hands.    As embellishments, I have added some red ribbon, red bow, red rhinestones and some crystallina Kindy Glitz.  Colouring of the image is with copic markers R29, R27 and E35.

Something a little different to display this christmas.

9 comments:

  1. YEah!!!! So glad that you made it on time and could join us!!! Super cute too!!! OI love messy, but I am so intimidated by mixed media!! LOL
    Thanks again for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, really appreciate your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mixed media holiday canvas! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The important thing is Did You have a great Holiday. The card turned out great, thanks for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did Melissa. I had been working long hours at the beginning of the year and needed the break. Weather was generally good for autumn and the scenery was beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Super cute Suze! Love all the media you used.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable “bug” project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining our May Anything Goes Challenge at CTB! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge! Hope to see you again very soon! Thanks for using a Bugaboo Image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute! thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at catch the bug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card and great to get a Christmas card done. Thanks for joining us at Catch the bug this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really neat idea and you've done a splendid job with it. I really like the DP from Bearly Mine. I have many of her papers but I don't believe that is one of them. Funny that everywhere we go we have to bring at least some of our cardmaking supplies with us.

    ReplyDelete