Monday 7 January 2013

My Own Backing Paper

I haven't had a go at making my own backing paper for a long time so really enjoyed making this:


The challenge for this card can be found here:
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/challenge-188-3rd-of-january-make-your.html

The image for this card comes from Trimgym and the sentiment from Desert Diva.  The matting and "ribbon" are both cut from orange scrap paper from a scrap paper pack I bought 2 or 3 years ago.  It has a few different orange pieces cut into varying sizes.

The background paper has been made using some 120gsm paper which is slightly glossy.  I have then picked out three different Distress Inks - mustard seed, spiced marmalade and barn door.  Firstly I stippled each of these inks randomly across the paper using shaving brushes (clean ones!!).  Then I stamped a couple of acrylic stamps randomly across the paper using the same three distress inks.  The stamps are Hot Off the Press ones that came with Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine.

1 comment: