Tuesday 14 August 2012

Olympic Colours

With challenges co-inciding with the Olympics there were sure to be challenges with Olympic themes.  This is the one that I completed:
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-182-olympic-colors.html


I chose an image from A Day for Daisies called Cow Dress.  I had trouble figuring out how to colour the cow black but keep the facial details.  My daughter did a neat inversion trick on her laptop for me and solved my problem!  I printed the cow image in white also and coloured with copic markers and paper pieced the dress, socks and ribbons.  A bit fiddly but it worked.



I mounted the paper pieced image on to a circle of green.  The card blank is black with a red polka dot paper mounted on to it.  Both papers are from Raspberry Designs Summer Goodness Paper Pack.  I finished off the card by adding some yellow grosgrain ribbon, a yellow wooden button and three green rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment