Wednesday 11 July 2012

Card with a metal embellishment

The challenge at Sassy Studio Designs - Dare to be Sassy Thursday - is to use metal on the card:

http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-132.html

I got quite excited when I saw this challenge as I had just been sorting out an old box of craft stash and found some metal sheets that I hadn't used.  I decided to try cutting a tag out of one of them using my Sizzix die.  This worked really well but didn't have quite the look I was after so I pulled out my metallic rub-ons that again I haven't used for a couple of years and rubbed some colour on to the tag.  This is the end result:


I have used:

Sassy Studio Designs - Sally and Jack (the only one of the June freebies that I didn't miss as I was so busy doing the relay!!!)
Metal sheet
Some fibres that I found in the same box as the metal sheets!
Sizzix tag die
Metallic rub-ons

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the tag, and you're the first one I've seen use this freebie. Yay! Isn't she fun!? =D Thanks so much for playing along with our Show Us Your Medal challenge at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card ... love the tag, and your coloring!
    Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs! Good Luck on the draw!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete