Friday 22 June 2012

Swirls & Flourishes

Whoopsi Daisy has a wonderful challenge using swirls and flourishes:
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/use-those-swirls.html

I'm really proud of the card that I created for this challenge:


For this card I was inspired by the card created by Audrey.   Normally I have a quick glance at these cards to make sure that my interpretation is along the right lines for the challenge.  However, the combination die/embossing folder that she used caught my attention and reminded me that I had a similiar one.  That was my starting point for this card, so thank you Audrey.

Right, so on to what I did use.  I started with a white card blank.  I used the Mariannes Designables Folder to emboss and cut the Whoopsi Daisy image (Fairy 1).  This image already has a swirly look to it so was perfect for this challenge.  I layered the cut image on to some gold cardstock from Rosies Studios.  I used this same cardstock to cut some swirly flourishes - I think this is a Nellies Multi Frame die, otherwise it may be one of Mariannes.   I have added some copic marker R000 and some kindy glitz to the Mariannes Designables embossing.  The image has been coloured using copic markers with some touches of Kindy Glitz.

3 comments:

  1. You are right to feel proud of this card, it is so pretty. I love the embossed panel and your little touches of gold.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Suze, it's such a lovely embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time. Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the softcolours you have used and the emossing is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete