Tuesday 29 May 2012

TLC inspired card

This image is a freebie from Create with TLC.  This is the link to it:

http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/memorial-day-freebie.html

When I saw this image, I had an idea of a card.  The challenge was finding the striped paper that I wanted to go with it.  This morning Free Vintage Digital had three red, white and blue striped papers on their site which was exactly what I needed:

http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/free-digital-scrapbook-paper-red-white.html

So, this is my finished card:


Products used:

White card blank
Star paper from Crafty Bitz
Striped paper from Free Vintage Digital Stamps (link above)
Digi stamp from Create with TLC (link above)
Copic markers

I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but I layered the shield shape onto white cardstock that I had coloured with a copic marker to pick up the colour from the centre of the star paper. 

I have kept the card relatively unadorned as I wanted the digi stamp to be the main focus of the card and didn't want to draw attention away from it.  I have a tendency to fill spaces at times, so I had to be restrained here to keep the emphasis on the stamp.

Paulette had given us a time frame of "until tomorrow night" to complete a card.  With the differing time zones, I'm not sure if I finished it time but I wanted to make it anyway so I'm happy she gave us some sort of deadline to make me get on with it!!!  Otherwise, it might just have sat around in my head for a while and not actually been created.





No comments:

Post a Comment