Thursday 10 May 2012

Sassy Studio - EFFIE

This one was an extra challenge from Sassy Studios this week.  It is such a gorgeous image that they supplied that I just had to do it!  The link is:

http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/celebrating-600-fabulous-freebie.html

The image was only available for 48 hours so you will have missed out on that by now, though.



E is for Embossing - sizzix cut flower embossed with Opals embossing powder
F is for Flowers - flower embellishments (orange one coloured with copics)
F is for Full of Color - orange, pink and lime
I is for Ink - edges of oval die cut and also edges of card inked with Distress Ink
E is for Embellishments - flowers and rhinestones

This was my second attempt at this card.  The first one I had different coloured hair but my bookworm daughter said she had to have pink hair! So, to keep her happy, I re-coloured my image!

The image of course, is from Sassy Studio Designs - Effie.  I have used copic markers for colour throughout.  The orange flower was originally a cream one but was the right size for what I wanted so I coloured it using one of the oranges from the dress (YR04 or YR07).  I also added some orange to the Opal embossed sizzix flower as the colour wasn't bright enough for me and it also gave it a bit more texture.  I have used pink rhinestones in the flower centres to tie in with her hair.  The scrapbook paper was a recent purchase from Lincraft called Crafty Bitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment