Thursday 24 May 2012

Broken Box Stock - Polka Dots

This challenge has been updated:

http://brokenboxstock.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/polka-dot-challenge.html

As we are now allowed to do up to 3 entries per person and the deadline had been extended, I have decided to do another card.  Working with dots is not something I do alot (but maybe should).  I tend to patterns and stripes more - not sure why.

This is the second card that I created for this challenge:



I used the Broken Box Stock freebie image called LOL.  I tried some paper piecing - a skill I have avoided but found with this image that it is quite easy!

The background papers are from a blog called Bearly Mine Designs.  The link is http://bmd-creations.blogspot.co.nz/2010/07/julys-freebies-part-i.html

I coloured the face on the LOL digi stamp using copic marker Y00 and outlined the whole digi stamp using copic marker 100 (black) so that it popped a little more.

The flower pieces are from my stash and coloured using copic markers Y00 and V17.  I set a rhinestone into the centre.

I am really pleased with how this card turned out and think that maybe I should try new things more often!

1 comment:

  1. lovely card Suze, I love the LOL on the front, perfect for all those that know what it means. Great combo with my papers too.
    hugs n' smiles
    Donna

    ReplyDelete